- Your IP address (a series of numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer when you go online).
- The type of web browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you visited the site.
- Which pages you visited.
- The order you visited the pages.
- How long you spent on each page.
- The page you entered the site on.
- The last page you looked at before you left.
As soon as you leave the Quesnel.ca site, the cookie stops gathering information.
Volunteering your personal information online
The only time we collect your personal information on this website is when you volunteer to give it to us.
This includes when you:
- Participate in an online forum or poll.
- Fill in a feedback or contact form.
- Request further information about a specific topic.
- Send us an email.
In these instances, we only keep your information so we can follow up with you, if necessary.
We keep your information completely confidential. We will not rent, share, or trade it with anyone else. We will not use it to send you information that you did not specifically request.
What you can do
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you do not provide your account information, user name, or password to anyone. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
Changes to this statement
The City of Quesnel will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy. The City of Quesnel encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed on how the City of Quesnel is protecting your information.
The City of Quesnel welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe the City has not adhered to this Statement, please contact the City of Quesnel at firstname.lastname@example.org